Delta 9 THC is the most popular cannabinoid in history – after all, it’s the reason why weed gets us high – and it’s also been the most heavily restricted cannabinoid of all time. So, it may come as a surprise to see delta 9 gummies being sold legally online right now. But, as you’re about to find out, these products are, in fact, compliant with the law, and fully capable of giving you that ‘dreamy’ high that you crave. We’re going to take a deep dive into the world of delta 9 gummies, so you know what they’re capable of, and how to take them to get the best results possible.
Delta 9 THC: Fast Facts
Before we talk about delta 9 gummies, we want to touch upon delta 9 THC itself, for those who aren’t familiar. Delta 9 THC is the dominant cannabinoid in marijuana, a member of the cannabis genus. Delta 9 also occurs in hemp, but in trace amounts – 0.3% or so.
Delta 9 THC is a psychoactive cannabinoid, which means that it can get us high. The high is both euphoric and relaxing, and it produces a body high as well that can range from warm and fuzzy, to full-on couchlock-inducing. Besides that, delta 9 comes with lots of benefits that have been studied throughout the years, like effects related to inflammation, anxiety, sleep, physical discomfort, neurological balance, and more.
What are Delta 9 Gummies?
Now, let’s move onto delta 9 gummies. Delta 9 gummies allow us to ingest delta 9 THC, which presents us with a unique experience. Ingesting the cannabinoid gives us up to 8 hours of effects, and even offers a more gradual onset that can take 1-2 hours (depending on your digestive system and how much food is in your stomach). The effects can be quite intense in higher doses, with stronger body effects than other delivery methods.
Delta 9 gummies are pretty straightforward – they’re just gummy candies with a fruity flavor, infused with delta 9 distillate. They’re easy to take, since each piece contains an equal amount of D9. And, they’re travel-friendly, since no extra equipment is required.
Different Kinds of Delta 9 Gummies
Now, let’s look at the different kinds of delta 9 gummies you can find, so you know what key things to pay attention to while shopping.
- Strength: Delta 9 gummies come in different milligram strengths, which will determine how potent the effects of the high are.
- Flavor: Of course, gummies come in all kinds of flavors to choose from, so make sure you pick a flavor that you enjoy!
- Formula: Delta 9 gummies can be made with any number of ingredients, and you’ll want to check the ingredients to make sure they’re safe, high in quality, and ideally, all-natural. Also, keep in mind that not all gummies are vegan, as gelatin, a commonly used ingredient, is derived from animal collagen. If you are vegan, look for gummies made with pectin, which is a fruit derivative.
- Size: Gummies come in different sizes, so that’s also something to keep in mind.
- Terpenes/No Terpenes: Some gummies may contain terpenes – the secondary compounds in cannabis that determine the strain of the plant, as terpene profiles vary from strain to strain – while some gummies contain just THC distillate, which gives you only one compound from cannabis.
Are Delta 9 Gummies Legal?
You might be surprised to learn that delta 9 THC gummies are legal. Hemp-derived delta 9 gummies you’ll find on the market, including the ones we carry here at Kingdom Harvest, happen to be totally compliant with federal law. This means that buying them won’t get you into any kind of trouble.
See, federal law (2018 Farm Bill) declares that all hemp products can be sold legally as long as they contain 0.3% delta 9 THC or less. But, 0.3% delta 9 THC can come out to a meaningful number of milligrams if the product is big enough in size, and so you can definitely get high off of a delta 9 gummy.
Can Delta 9 Gummies Cause Side Effects?
One thing we want to stress is that delta 9 THC is nontoxic to the body, and side effects are neither serious nor long-lasting. Taking too much delta 9 may cause mild side effects like:
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes
Also, please never drive while high on delta 9 THC, as driving while intoxicated is both illegal and dangerous.
What’s the Right Dosage for Delta 9 Gummies?
Now, let’s talk about dosage. There are a few factors to consider when it comes to dosing with delta 9 THC, such as:
- Tolerance: We all have a unique tolerance to THC. Some of us get super high off of 10mg, while others need well above 50mg of THC to start feeling the buzz they’re looking for. Take into account your tolerance, not only to delta 9 but other forms of THC, to figure out what may be best for you.
- Body Weight: Your body weight definitely plays a role as well. The more you weigh, the more THC you need to consume for the cannabinoid to successfully attach to cannabinoid receptors in order to get the desired results.
- Preferences: Maybe you want to get super-duper high, or maybe you just want a subtle buzz. How high you wish to get off of a gummy is important to keep in mind.
- Other Cannabinoids You Take: If you happen to take other cannabinoids that are intoxicating, like delta 8, HHC, etc., you may not need as high of a dose of delta 9 THC during the day.
Now, with that being said, let’s go over the more general guide to dosing with delta 9 gummies.
Potent High: 25mg+
Delta 9 Gummies with Other Cannabinoids
Lastly, we just want to mention that some delta 9 gummies contain other cannabinoids – like HHC+Delta 9 gummies, or, say, 5:1 CBD to THC gummies. Always pay attention to the label to figure out whether or not the gummies you’re buying contain other cannabinoids as that can alter your experience. For example, a gummy containing delta 9 with THC-P could be more intoxicating, as THC-P is 10 times as psychoactive as delta 9 THC. Then, a gummy with a large amount of CBD could make the effects of delta 9 THC more soothing, and also take the edge off of any potential side effects.
Give Delta 9 Gummies a Try Today!
Delta 9 gummies are changing the way in which we experience the hemp plant, acting as a legal way to enjoy a cannabinoid otherwise restricted in the United States. And, with so many delta 9 gummies hitting the market right now, it can be hard to know which brand to choose.At Kingdom Harvest, we offer a fantastic array of delta 9 gummies in a variety of milligram strengths, all while being totally compliant with the law. These gummies are flavored with top-quality ingredients – promising to deliver the known effects of this beloved cannabinoid. Check out our selection today, and simply enjoy hours upon hours of THC satisfaction!