HHC is a really sought-after cannabinoid right now, and many people have declared it their personal favorite, thanks to its brilliant effects that can satisfy you physically and mentally. A relatively new discovery, its origins are fascinating, and we can’t get enough of its super euphoric yet chill high that keeps us coming back for more. If you’re ready to try a new cannabinoid that comes from the hemp plant, HHC may very well be just what you’ve been waiting for.
What is HHC?
HHC is short for hexahydrocannabinol, and it’s unlike any other cannabinoid that we know of so far. While most cannabinoids we know of, such as THC, CBD, delta 8, etc. are found in the flowering buds of the female hemp plant, HHC is located in hemp’s seeds and pollen.
Hexahydrocannabinol was first synthesized by American chemist Roger Adams in 1947. A dams and his team accomplished this by adding hydrogen molecules to Delta-9-THC, a process known as hydrogenation. This process transformed THC into HHC, marking the first discovery and synthesis of this cannabinoid.
HHC is also a hydrogenated cannabinoid, meaning that it possesses an extra hydrogen atom on its carbon sidechain. This gives it phenomenal chemical stability, so that it can remain highly effective despite exposure to all kinds of conditions, allowing it to continue attaching to cannabinoid receptors as efficiently as possible.
But, perhaps the most interesting thing about HHC is that it’s an analog of THC. It’s simply the hydrogenated form of THC, having an identical chemical structure with the addition of a hydrogen atom. This is why people compare it so much to THC in terms of its effects, which we’re going to get into shortly.
Is HHC Going to Get You High?
Yes, HHC will get you high. It’s an intoxicating cannabinoid, and like we said, it’s almost identical to delta 9 THC, which should give you some indication as to how it will make you feel. Some people say its effects feel stronger than those of delta 9, while others say that they’re a bit milder, so it’s hard to offer that kind of info due to varying anecdotes we’ve heard over the last couple of years. But, the bottom line is that HHC is intoxicating, and its ‘high’ is easy to compare to delta 9’s, in that it can be very relaxing yet euphoric, and can make your body feel totally at ease.
What Kinds of Benefits Can You Get Out of HHC?
Now, here’s the thing about hexahydrocannabinol: it’s so new that clinical researchers haven’t studied it for its effects yet. We just don’t have concrete proof of its specific benefits that we can source, but what we do have is a lot of anecdotal information from users of the cannabinoid. Aside from that, we can make a lot of guesses because of the cannabinoid’s similarities to delta 9 THC, which we do know has loads of potential benefits. So, what can HHC do, besides get us high? Good question, as it could do the following:
- Relieve inflammation
- Relieve physical discomfort
- Improve appetite
- Reduce nausea
- Reduce stress
- Boost mood
- Improve sleep
Of course, keep in mind that everyone’s experience with HHC can be unique due to the distinctive configuration of their endocannabinoid system (ECS).
Does HHC Come with Side Effects?
Now, hexahydrocannabinol is nontoxic just like every other cannabinoid out there, which is good news. There aren’t any real side effects associated with HHC that are long-term or serious. But, anytime we take a cannabinoid, and especially a psychoactive one, we might experience some mild side effects while we’re high, such as:
- Dry mouth
- Red/dry eyes
Note: To minimize the risk of these side effects, we recommend following the directions on the label that apply to dosing, to ensure you don’t take more than your tolerance can allow.
Is HHC Legal?
HHC is a federally legal cannabinoid, despite its associations with THC. When the hemp plant was legalized in 2018, it was determined that products are legal as long as they contain a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC. With HHC being an entirely different chemical compound, it’s considered completely unrestricted under federal law.
One thing we do need to point out though is that a number of states in the U.S. have banned hexahydrocannabinol and all other intoxicating hemp derivatives. That’s why we urge you to check with your state and local laws before attempting to buy HHC products online or in-person.
What Kinds of Products Does HHC Come in?
HHC comes in a wide array of product types, just like all hemp products. These include:
- HHC Vapes (vape cartridges and AIO disposable vape pens): Offer a fast-acting, portable, and potent way to enjoy the effects of HHC in a variety of strains to choose from.
- HHC Flower: Raw hemp flower buds infused with HHC distillate, in a variety of strains, and can be found in either pre-roll or loose bud forms. HHC flower can be smoked, vaporized, or used to make edibles.
- HHC Tinctures: These are oils held below the tongue, absorbed through the sublingual tissue. They come in dropper bottles for easy administration, and also come in various milligram strengths.
- HHC Edibles (gummies, candies, etc.): Supply the longest-lasting effects of all product types, lasting for about 8 hours. They’re also incredibly tasty, come in different milligram strengths, and are very easy to take.
Who Might Enjoy HHC?
HHC is great for anyone who wants to experience a new kind of psychoactive effect from cannabis, and one that’s totally legal. If you love delta 9 THC, you will likely enjoy HHC very much, since the highs are similar as well as the strength of the psychoactive effects. However, before initially trying HHC, you should have a talk with your doctor first.
How Should You Take HHC?
A big part of enjoying your HHC experience is getting the dosage right. We recommend 20mg-25mg as a starting point if you’re taking tinctures or edibles, and if you’re vaping or smoking HHC, then going with 2-3 puffs. The cannabinoid can be enjoyed on its own or with other cannabinoids already in your routine.
Another thing to mention is that if you’re going with vapes or flower, don’t hesitate to explore different strains that those products come in. The strain can have a big influence over how the ‘high’ feels – like whether it’s more calming, energizing, creativity-enhancing, or so on.
Finally, we want to mention that whenever you’re going to buy an HHC-infused product, you should check for third-party lab reports. This way, you can be 100% sure that you’re buying a product that’s safe, legitimate, legally compliant, and made with a pure HHC distillate.
Give HHC a Try at Kingdom Harvest!
Hexahydrocannabinol is a must-try cannabinoid for anyone eager to explore a high with the hemp plant. And, the good news is that you can find it in all kinds of product forms right here at Kingdom Harvest. Our HHC products have something for everyone, and all of them have undergone strict lab-testing to ensure maximum quality and safety:
- HHC Gummies: For consumers looking for something new, HHC gummies are a tasty way to enjoy HHC’s benefits. With gummies, HHC can become even more of a treat to consume! HHC gummies are made by combining liquid HHC extract in delicious vegan fruit-flavored gummies. We set out to make a high quality legal HHC gummy like no other. They contain less than .3% THC Dry Weight. Our gummies are not only extra-large in size, but also in potency. Each gummy contains a whopping 25mg of HHC derived by Hemp!
- HHC Vape Cartridge: Our 1mL HHC Vape Cartridges are derived from organic hemp, infused with real cannabis-derived terpenes, and all-natural. They’re currently testing at over 93% HHC (938mg) with the rest being CBD, CBN, CBC, & cannabis-derived terpene.
- HHC Organic Hemp Flower: Also known as a CBD flower sprayed with oil. A CBD flower infused with HHC isolate has been liberally sprinkled with cannabinoids. Although HHC occurs naturally in cannabis, It is not common for natural flowers to contain high levels of HHC as it’s a minor cannabinoid. Instead, you will find CBD flowers infused with powerful cannabinol distillates. Our HHC Flower is naturally homegrown in North Carolina. In fact, Our product is a Whole-Spectrum Hemp Flower, made from proprietary processes and formulas focusing on creating the highest degree of efficacy possible.
- HHC Syrup: This is ideal for anybody experiencing a sleeping disorder or other ailments looking to be relieved. This HHC syrup is legal to ship to all 50 states. The levels of HHC are below .3% dry weight and fall under the 2018 hemp farm bill. Can be taken by itself, or simply mix this HHC syrup with any drink, but we recommend something carbonated – 7-Up, Sprite, and tonic water are our favorite!